Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Morning Thoughts from Dad


Many thoughts have rattled around this morning as Mom and I got up about 7 am and sat around the Christmas Tree. I thought about a very real and wonderful night 2000 + yrs ago. Just because the birth of our Lord and Savior happened so long ago, that doesn't make it any less real! But Satan desperately wants to cloud the reality of that sacred night in the minds and hearts of me, and my children and grandchildren. Our Savior wants us to give and receive presents and to enjoy the Christmas season, but let us take time to do as our prophet counseled us and celebrate the "Season of Christ".

4 comments:

Chellor said...

Oh how I love you, Dad! I love thoughts from you. ;) Oh and the Christmas PJs look great!

gouda said...

I vote that you start a "Thoughts from Dad" blog. We all could use a healthy dose of inspirational words from time to time.

JessWilson said...

I think Stephen has a great idea there!! Sure love you dad and all your wisdom!

azsmith said...

Hey Smiths up in Salem: We need to get your e-mail address or something so we can get in touch and get the addresses of all your kids......Preston is getting married!